🇨🇦 PlayTech Live Casinos & Games
Playtech was for a long time the largest live casino provider in the business. In recent years, they’ve been somewhat surpassed by Evolution Gaming. However, their games still have a lot to offer any Canadian live casino fan.
Playtech was founded in Estonia, Europe, way back in 1999, making them officially the world’s longest-running online casino developer as well. They literally provide almost any online casino service you can think of, from slots to table games to casino platforms and, of course, live casino.
By 2006 Playtech was worth more than $1billion USD ($CA 1.338 billion) and they were floated on the London Stock Exchange.
Playtech now have live casino studios all over the world including Manilla, Philippines, Romania, Spain, and Latvia. Their Latvian studio is in fact the biggest live casino space in the world.
Today Playtech provides dozens of game types to hundreds of online casinos across the world. Their live casino games include:
- Blackjack (plus Quantum and Disco variants)
- Roulette (including Age of Gods and casino floor variants)
- Spin a Win
- 3-Card Brag
- Sic Bo
- Sette e Mezzo
- Many more
🥇 Safe Casinos With PlayTech Games
The sites listed below are safe to play at and we’ve done so ourselves. They offer legitimate games and are quick to process withdrawals.
💀 Blacklisted Casinos - AVOID THESE BRANDS
To put it simply, these casinos suck! Don’t deposit here unless you never want to see your money again.
Why Are They Blacklisted
🎮 PlayTech Live Table Previews
Playtech Sette E Mezzo
Playtech Blackjack Compilation
Playtech Roulette Compilation
Spin & Win
Playtech UK Roulette
Playtech Deutsches Blackjack
🤵Our Experience at PlayTech's Tables
- Full range of casino classics
- Top-tier quality, but not quite as polished as Evolution
- Unique live casino titles like Sette e Mezzo, Quantum Blackjack and Age of Gods Roulette
The Playtech live dealer suite is solid overall. They can make a claim to be the second best provider after Evolution Gaming. This goes even more so since Evolution bought up competing live casino developer NetEnt in mid-2020.
Playtech’s betting interfaces and overall presentation are very good, but just fall short of Evolution in some respects. For example, their betting overlay for baccarat and sic-bo isn’t quite as smooth and visually appealing as the corresponding Evo tables.
Sometimes Playtech’s live studio designs are also a little rough around the edges. However, their newer titles like Quantum Blackjack or Age of Gods roulette have studios that are just as detailed and rich as Evolution’s environments.
On that note, Playtech are definitely innovators in many areas too. No-one else has done blackjack with big prize multipliers like Quantum Roulette. No-one has combined a highly-popular slot game licence with a live casino title, such as they have done with Age of Gods roulette.
♠️ Stream Quality
As one of the longest-surviving online casino developers in the business, you’d expect Playtech to have solid live casino fundamentals – and they deliver on that score.
Their stream quality is excellent across most of their games. Some though, you can tell are filmed on slightly older cameras. These games don’t quite have the crisp HD sharpness of their flagship titles.
In general however, Playtech streams are just as good as Evolution Gaming. You can manually adjust your quality depending on your connection, or have it automatically changed for you.
You’ll also usually find multiple camera angles on games that benefit from them, such as roulette and Spin a Win.
♠️ Game Variety
Phew. Playtech are second only to Evolution with the ridiculous amount of games they offer.
They have over 150 different tables, with about 100 in their Latvia studio alone.
Aside from standard blackjack, roulette, baccarat and casino poker games, these are just a few of their unique titles:
- Disco blackjack, a ‘party’ version of the casino classic. The table has two dealers, who talk much more than usual. There’s also party music playing in the background and the hands move quite quickly.
- Age of Gods Roulette is a roulette table with tasty added bonuses and multipliers. The entire studio, down to the live croupier’s clothing, is decked out to look like Mount Olympus or some other classical setting. The game is based on Playtech’s hit jackpot slots series Age of Gods, making for an exclusive experience you won’t see anywhere else.
- Spin a Win is a spinning wheel prize game in the same style as Evolution’s Dream Catcher. Massive potential prizes with a cool gameshow styling.
- Sette e Mezzo is an old-school Italian card game that plays a bit like blackjack crossed with baccarat. As far as we know Playtech provides the only live casino version of it. One for the Canadians of Italian heritage then.
- Quantum Blackjack is the only prize multiplier live blackjack game we know of too. If you like blackjack but want the added excitement of massive potential prizes, Playtech’s excellent Quantum Blackjack is your best bet.
You’ll also get titles in a load of languages, including French for you Quebecois. Others include Italian, Spanish, German, Mandarin and more.
♠️ Dealer Interaction
With no disrespect to any individuals intended, Playtech’s live dealers used to be, quite frankly, below par.
Not so anymore. Since they upgraded their studios in 2017, they must have also invested in better training and scouting for their live hosts.
Every Playtech host has a great standard of English, and you might even find a few who have been to or lived in Canada!
They’ll be professional and courteous, with top-tier knowledge and enthusiasm for whatever live casino game you’re playing.
Certain games even are deliberately left open for more dealer interaction if that’s your thing.
For example, Disco Blackjack and Spin a Win all have significant down time or encourage the hosts to be as talkative as possible – although chat does get busy in these games at peak times.
The Playtech mobile lobby is great. Its super easy to swipe between titles and across different game types.
The filter system is very useful too, allowing you to filter by bet range, game type and more.
On the whole, Playtech games are also great on mobile. They can be played on almost any device and will automatically adjust the stream quality based on your connection.
Betting interfaces are nicely adapted for mobile, although some games (like roulette) are just naturally fiddlier to play on the smallest screens.
Flagship titles like Quantum Blackjack, Spin a Win and Age of Gods roulette are all designed from the ground up for mobile play. If you’ve got a decently modern device, these will run like a dream.
There are a few tables though, that you can tell haven’t been updated for mobile in a while. These include some of the land-based streamed roulette games and less popular titles like Hi-Lo. Perfectly playable but lacking some of the mobile polish needed to be top-tier in all aspects.